Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Marchesi Antinori Cervaro della Sala 2007

Like almost everyone even when I buy a wine I’m pretty careful about what I spend. Not many wines worth spending between 30 and 40 € (50 bucks more less) but surely Cervaro della Sala Antinori is one of those wines that you can spend this amount. This wine is composed for 80% Chardonnay and 20% from Grechetto, a vine native to the Umbria. Shows a beautiful golden color. The nose is an explosion of scents ranging from notes of fresh citrus, vanilla and hazelnut, I think mainly due to the aging in cask, which however is well integrated into the complex olfactory. Has a full flavor and fruity but not cloying like many Chardonnays, well balanced, a great wine.

Do you still think the price is high? trust me it’s worth.

Rate 5/5

See ya

The Wine Insider

 

[Via http://wineinside.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment