Friday, September 25, 2009

Lemon Pledge in my Glass

*Disclaimer: I received this wine as a sample from Bin Ends Wine in order to participate in Twitter Taste Live.

As I mentioned yesterday, you’ll be seeing lots of Argentinian wines around yee old wine blog for the next few weeks. I think I have around 20 to write up at this point after participating in 4 Argentina Twitter Taste Lives. I love Twitter Taste Live, it’s so much fun to taste along with many of my favorite wine bloggers and compare notes instantly! One of the first Torrontes we tasted was the 2008 Bodega Colomé Torrontes.  It weighed in at 13% alcohol by volume and had a plastic cork closure.

On the nose I got pineapple, white flowers, honeysuckle, orange zest, fresh pear, and white pepper. In the mouth I found jasmine, lemon, tropical fruit, honeysuckle, and grapefruit.  Oh yes, and the lemon Pledge…or what I would imagine lemon Pledge would taste like if I were so inclined to drink it.  The wine seemed very perfumey in the mouth and while it had tart aspects, I mostly found it oily.

No comments:

Post a Comment