Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another one!

Sorry guys but it’s another camera-less day unfortunately! Good news though, I am picking up my parents camera tonight and the photos will be back. Luckily my eats were pretty boring today and I can whip through them .

For brekkie I had another bowl of oat bran (LOVE IT!), 1/4 of the time of oats!Which is perfect while Adam is away. This time with a full pack of sultanas and apple. This was the best combo – so much fruit!

Snacks were a Freedom bar mid morning and a 1/2 serve of Vogels for afternoon tea. For lunch I had another salad from Schmears, same as yesterday but this time take-away.

So this morning I went to my podiatrist to have my foot checked out. Honestly, it was slightly better this morning when I got up, so I was pretty happy about that! Danika, my podiatrist examined my foot and poked, prodded and massaged it for a while (which was all bearable). The pain/ache is now really only when I stand and put pressure on the foot. She checked my Kayano’s and my orthotics to see if they were supportive enough. I have the flattest feet ever! She was pretty happy with the orthotics, even after 3 years. I was so relieved, I can’t afford another pair! Next she had me jog on the treadmill barefoot – which was surprisingly ok and then I had to jog with my sneaks on. Luckily, the orthotics completely correct my overpronation which was great! Both times she filmed me and then we watched each time on the computer and she explained what was happening with the pronation. It is so weird to watch yourself running!! I’m definitely a heel striker too… must work on that.

After that she strapped my foot with tape and told me she agreed with the MRI results and the think the inflammation and pain should die down quickly now. She says if it is still there in a week I should go back. Luckily, Mum and Dad were coming back from seeing my Gran in hospital (she’s having her hip replaced), and they whizzed by and picked me up dropping me right off at my office!

My foot felt great all day with the taping – so much more support. She said it will last 3 days if I avoid water (how do I do that??). We’ll see.

Anyways, I’ve been super happy all day because of that and also because I have tomorrow off!!! Work was sooooo incredibly slow today! Afterwards, I met up with my friend Claire at Bar 1 for a glass of red to catch up on her holiday in Europe and luckily she has a car park in the city and dropped me home sweet!! Thanks Claire!

For tea I just snacked on cottage cheese and steamed some kale I needed to use up in the fridge. I topped it with chilli salt. Yum!

Merilyn and Tom’s plane is delayed probably because of the storms we are having, so I’m just waiting for the call from Dad that they have picked them up and I’ll head over to their place to see them. We have a very busy day planned tomorrow . Mez and I will probably head out for some brekkie tomorrow morning then we are meeting Rosie and Danni and kids at The Breakwater for lunch, then we are heading back to Rosie’s to help her prep for Eva’s party and hang out and have some dinner .

Cheers to having Friday off! Thank you flexi leave . See you later then.

[Via http://whatisforbreakfast.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment