Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pink is the color of love and rosé

With Valentines Day being this coming Sunday I thought I would do a quick blog about one of my favorite wines.  Francis Coppola Sofia Rose, now I have been lucky enough to go out to Napa and visit the Coppola Vineyard and Winery, which is where I had Sofia Rose for the first time, and loved it the first time I had it.  This wine has a brilliant pink rose color and a bottle that beautiful by itself (nice gift idea if you are in the market for a Valentine’s gift). 

I do not want this to be a fussy or wordy wine post, just a few quick things to keep in mind about this wine.  This is a rose, not a sweet white zinfandel you immediately think of when I say pink, and Sofia in particular is a refreshing, dry wine with a smell and taste that alternates between light florals  and just picked strawberries.  Along with strawberry, black cherry and raspberry notes share the palate with a nice acidity at the end.  Its refreshing style makes it a delicious partner to all kinds of savory dishes, from tostadas and spicy grilled chicken to a nicoise salad.  And although I usually look for this wine in the hot Texas summer months I think that it cannot be beat for a special Valentine’s Day treat.

Serve the wine chilled and as it warms the full flavor will open up.

Where to find Sofia in Dallas:

GoodyGoody Liquor, Centennial Fine Wine and Spirits, CostCo (West Plano), and other specialty stores throughout town.

[Via http://thesingleplate.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment