Friday, January 8, 2010

WINE Trials and Errors

I have mostly come up with errors using WINE to run PC emulators. I did get PCSX to run although couldn’t configure the emulator. Setting up the graphics plugins and the sound might take more time then I am willing to put in and I’m sure the average user won’t even bother. ePSXe, PCSX2, NullDC, PSXeven, Psx, and AndriPSX all don’t work. No errors, but no GUI loads either. There might be a work around for a terminal buff but alas, I am no terminal buff. Bleem! came up with an interesting error though. It said that this emulator requires Windows 95 or 98. Too funny if you ask me. I tried all the Playstation emulators and a Playstation 2 emulator with only some dumb luck with one as I stated earlier. I even tried the 64 bit version of Dolphin but came up short. My advice for newer emulators is boot camp or trying Virtual box or another program like it. I will keep trying with several emulators and different configurations and will let you all know. Sorry folks.

The above screen shot is running PCSX using WINE. Remember folks, Wine Is Not An Emulator. ;-)

[Via http://macemulators.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment