Monday, January 25, 2010

Step on this Stone

*Disclaimer: I received this wine as a sample from Cornerstone Cellars.

I am digging the new line of wines from Cornerstone Cellars. They are reasonably priced and the varieties are interesting and fresh.  Not to mention, the wines are really good.  I’ve always enjoyed the flagstone (Cornerstone..teehee) Cabernet Sauvignons from the winery, so I’m pleased to report that the new introductory line is certainly living up to the reputation established by the winery.  This week we tried the 2007 Stepping Stone Grenache.  It retails for $20, had a real cork closure, and clocked in at 15.5% alcohol by volume.

On the nose I got bittersweet chocolate, pepper, spice, black cherry, crushed violets, flowers, anise, and strawberry. This wine had one hello of a nose…that perfumey dark fruity chocolately goodness that I like to get lost in while Matt finishes a glass before I’ve even started. In the mouth I found black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, spice, earth, and pepper. The tart fruits just popped in the mouth and slid into a juicy goodness on the back of the palate.

[Via http://wannabewino.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment