Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Cosby Show

For the last few months I have been recording the Cosby show on my DVR. What an image of the perfect family. So it is not real but the ideas came from somewhere. I assume that all the writers have bits and pieces of experience of that sort of family life. What I love about that show is the kind of relationship that Cliff and Clair have. The way they dance and laugh brings tears to my eyes when I watch. So I find myself thinking, I want that. I believe it is out there and waiting for me. I would love a man who has been exposed to the arts and appreciates it enough to share it with the ones he loves. Just think about this for a moment, you put the kids to bed and your husband has gone downstairs and when you meet him down there he has 2 glasses of a fine wine already poured, he has candles lit and you hear the sound of a slow blues song with a classic artist singing about true love. Your husband walks over to you with his hand out inviting you to dance. He holds you close your cheek to cheek as you move to the sound of the music. Now is that possible or is just Cosby? Now think about this for a moment. Your wife comes home with show tickets to go see a famous musician. Everyone gets dressed to impress, a car picks you all up, you go to a classy restaurant and have a fine dinner followed by the show you all have been waiting for. Now these tickets are for front row seats and a meet and CD signing by the artist after the show.  Now your wife knew how much you loved this artist so she went over and above to make this experience very memorable for you and your family because she loves you. Now could this happen or is it Cosby? Here is one more situation to imagine. Your kids grow up appreciating and enjoying all the efforts you made during their youth and pass it on to their families once they have one and this gets passed for generations. Am I asking too much or is this only Cosby?

Instead of coming home and complaining about bills and work. Lets get creative and open our minds and our hearts and get out on the town and see all that is out there to be seen. I know life is not perfect and won’t play out like a TV show.However couldn’t we learn a thing or two from Americas favorite family?

[Via http://michelleoutloud.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment