Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Multiple Personalities

It is a beautiful day in South Africa, early summer and we have wall-to-wall sunshine. All the leaves are out and our world is a variegated green against a perfect blue sky.

It reminds me of a fabulous meal that JW and I ate in Cape Town, on our own little restaurant balcony looking over the sparkliest blue ocean. We had lobster and chilled Sauvignon Blanc and talked and laughed the idyllic afternoon away.

I like to drink spritzers (a cocktail of dry white wine and club soda), I often say that I am what I drink – “Dry white and sparkling”.

JW is also what he drinks, when he has beer he is flatulent and repetitive, brandy and coke makes him dark and broody, absinthe causes unpredictability, Margaritas result in brackish bitterness and red wine makes him to sulky, self pitying and spiteful.

After he has been out, all of them together make me feel angry, scared and tearful.

No comments:

Post a Comment