Monday, October 5, 2009

Mooncakes + Zuma + Feather Boa…

When Adam and I eventually got back to our room we found these at our door! These are mooncakes. Last weekend was the Full Moon Festival in Hong Kong and Saturday was a public holiday for this.

I tried the mooncake immediately and was shocked to find an egg yolk in the middle. I did NOT like this thing . Oh well – it was fun to try something new. The rest of the cake is Lotus seed paste.

Once refreshed and ready for dinner, we had a pre dinner bevvie in the Hotel lobby with our crew for the night.

Adam, me, David, Hannah, Gibbo and Neil

We cabbed off to Zuma in Central.

Zuma sign and sushi bar on the ground level.

We dined in the more “cosy” level 2 area.

I had a gorgeous raspberry martini to start with a super sweet fresh raspberry in there.

We also ordered plain Edamame

and chilli (which I loved) to start while we perused the menu.

This went down VERY easy! We moved on to Pinot Griggio quickly after that…

First up our sushi came out, from memory we had spider rolls, soft shell crab rolls, spicy tuna rolls, not sure what else.

This was a wagyu beef dish

We got some bowls of rice for the table

Awesome tempura prawns

and if you guessed I was eating a prawn head before then you were right! Can you sense my apprehension???

It was actually really yum, very crunchy!

Chicken yakatori  

More beef

Lamb chops

I might have strolled by Miu Miu on our way out…

Then we hit up my favourite bar of all time – Feather Boa. When Adam and I first went to Feather Boa in 2005 on our holiday to Hong Kong, we read about this place in the Luxe guide. It has no signage from the outside you’ve just got to find the door and walk through – then hope you can find somewhere to stand!. It has a baroque French feel with lots of antique furniture and paintings. The cocktails here are to die for, this is the famous strawberry daiquiri with chocolate powder all around the glass! It’s VERY messy but worth it.

I had WAY too many of these…

The boys enjoyed them too

The coffee martini’s are also awesome!

We then proceeded to bar hop around Soho and Lan Kwai Fong and many more drinks were consumed.  We eventually called it a night, thank goodness. I am still recovering! Those daiquiris are dangerous! But it was an awesome night.

FYI – Exercise consisted of lots of dancing to MGMT etc. at Play nightclub.

No comments:

Post a Comment