Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First 2009?

*Disclaimer: I received this wine as a sample from Bin Ends Wine so I could participate in the Wines of Argentina Twitter Taste Live.

I think that this is the first wine from a 2009 vintage that I’ve had. Usually I don’t see the 2009s until maybe late spring of the following year. So to have one in September, well, I was surprised! Another wine from Argentina tasted in conjunction with the Wines of Argentina Twitter Taste Lives, I believe this is the last Torrontes of the bunch.  I have 2 more bottles of red wines to review and then it’s on to the Wines of Germany.  Last up for the whites, the 2009 Crios de Susana Blabo Torrontes. It had a screw cap closure, clocked in at 13.5% alcohol by volume, and retails for about $15.

I sat up and said “Wow” when I opened this bottle.  I could smell it as soon as I took the cap off.  On the nose I found honey, white flowers, honeysuckle, slight vanilla cream, white pepper, spice, tropical fruits, and pineapples. I’d call the nose “spritzy.” In the mouth I got white peach, yellow apple, citrus, lemon, tropical notes, orange blossoms, and pear.  The wine had an almost slightly oily finish though it was crisp and acidic through mid-palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment