Friday, March 12, 2010

Ten Days In

. . . in to my 30 days of being dry, that is.  No alcohol.

In a previous post, I mentioned that I’d be going dry for 30 days in solidarity with my wife (she’s doing a 30 day diet/exercise regime).  In the interest of full disclosure, I must declare that I did, indeed, finish the Cotes Du Rhone that was already opened.  Hey!  It was open!

Otherwise, I haven’t been drinking at all.  I wasn’t sure if I’d want to participate, but, since I went to the trouble of writing it down, I find myself compelled to do the 30 days.

It’s science.

The only effect, so far, has been the realization of how much a habit of drinking wine with dinner has been.   I catch myself absently casting about for that mysterious “something” I’m missing.  Then I realize, oh yeah, no wine with dinner.   And so I have water and that’s been okay.

I’ll probably have a Guinness on St. Patrick’s day, or a glass of Jameson.  Or, again, I might not.

Darn science.

[Via http://heednotsteve.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment