Friday, March 12, 2010

Paul Masson or Dos Equis?

Everyone has a preference. When it comes to fine drink, some live for wine, others indulge in hard liquor, and many prefer imported beer over both. With so many variations out there, how are you supposed to find the perfect drink that defines you? The options can seem endless.

To choose the right social lubricant, you need a strong image you can count on. A familiar face that compliments the taste. Someone with grace and presence.

If you look around, you’ll find there are very few who can live up to the task. Only two men have proved themselves potent enough to reveal the perfect drink in short, masterful strokes:

The Most Interesting Man In The World…

… and legendary filmmaker, Orson Welles.

Entertaining, influential, and downright classy. What more could you want? Interestingly enough, this is the exact question I could not stop asking myself. For some reason, as much as these suave spokesmen made their impact, I still found myself at a loss. Why couldn’t I find my perfect drink?

Over time (seconds upon minutes), I grew wise and realized what was missing: Reality. That was the problem. These grandiose image makers didn’t feel like me at all. I couldn’t relate. Their effortless simplicity made me feel so common. This discovery was a bit of a downer as I began coming to terms with the fact that I would have to figure this puzzle out all by myself. I was scared and alone.

But as luck would have it, something miraculous happened instead.  Little did I know, I had missed a very important extract. As soon as I watched it, my choice came to me almost immediately…

Eureka! Fine champagne. My drink of choice. Stay thirsty or stay French. The choice is yours, my friends.

[Via http://thelbtip.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment