Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm Going Dry

Well, actually, I’m only going dry for 30 days.

Well, really, it’s my wife who’s going dry for 30 days.  I’m along to support her.

She’s not an alcoholic or anything, mind you.  She’s beginning a jump-start exercise and diet regime which strictly forbids alcohol for the first 30 days.  Since she won’t be drinking, I won’t either.  Mostly.

How hard can 30 days be?

I like to joke, but, in reality, if I choose not to drink, I can go indefinitely.  I’ve never had an issue with addiction (except for cigarettes which I managed to quit).  I once decided to “slow down” and ended up drinking a total of three or four beers in as many years with nary a drop of any other alcohol.  Maybe five years.

I just haven’t decided if I want to go all in.  That sounds lame, but it’s true.  Red wine is one of my favorite pleasures.  Oh, yeah, and whisky is too.  Plus, there’s that open bottle of Cotes du Rhone which I can’t let go to waste!

Still, abstaining for 30 days isn’t much to ask.

Shucks, doing that alone, I’d probably lose five pounds.

[Via http://heednotsteve.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment