Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday round up and the weekend countdown

Happy Friday all… by which I mean Congratulations on surviving the week :-)   Here it’s raining and chilly (so much for that spring weather… but it does give the three short sleeve shirts I own a break), and sanity is waning… So thank you all for sharing your life survival tips.  Please take a look at my other blog, focused on the fine line we women professional tread:

http://LifeForward.onsugar.com

Thank you to David who left the following:

A glass of warm, quality whiskey (you’ll never find Jack on my shelf!) always does the trick for me. If something’s racking my mind, by the time I’m bottoms-up, I’ve straightened everything out. Or I’m asleep. Either way, it’s not an issue for at least a couple hours

I’m not a great drinker (Actually what I am is a cheap date… I like appetizers better than entrees, chicken better than fish, and beer waaaay better than wine since wine gives me a headache…even half a glass), so I can only say that the power of sleep is fantastic.  Seriously — You get to turn off, let your subconscious deal with whatever is going on and if you’re lucky, wake up at the end of a REM cycle without remembering the weird dream that may or may not hold the answer (or whatever part of the sleep cycle is optimal… I get up at the same time every day so its like sleep roulette).

David, if you’re Jewish and as good looking as your blog is adorably funny (which is a lot by the way), please let me know… After a colleague interrogated me this morning rapid-fire style:

Her: Do you have children?

Me: No (The fact that my office space has pictures of my dog and absolutely no picturs of children probably should have told her that one)

Her: Are you married?

Me: No (trying to walk faster to catch up with ANYONE ELSE)

Her: Do you have a significant other?

Me: No (now fearing that she thinks I’m a. gay or b. the unibomber), Mr. Right hasn’t shown up yet and I’m between Mr. Right Nows

Her: Long lecture on a lot of frogs

Me: (Polite smile, mentally calculating odds of moving offices and/or buying a husband/family online to end awkward conversation and preclude all future encounters)

I obviously need proof that goodlooking (or not deformed) straight single men are still out there…somewhere… 

Have a great weekend all :-)

[Via http://shaynaleahk.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment