Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Portrait on the go!

While covering an editorial assignment last week, I had very little time to photograph Master Sommelier Gerard Basset at his hotel.  We needed a simple but classy looking portrait to feature in Lloyds magazine.

So,  because of the limited amount of time and the lack of a studio I had to improvise.  Easy right?

I brought along a piece of A1 black card, which I had my assistant to hold, placed behind a chair where Gerard was to sit. Right behind the chair I placed a strobe with a red gel pointing up at the card behind Gerard’s head. As for the main light, I had a strobe firing through a shoot through umbrella positioned 45 degrees off to the right. This all took less than one minute to set up.

Now who said you need  a 20×20ft backdrop and half a day?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment