Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2008 La Finca Malbec

You don’t need an image on this one, because I am not going to recommend you buy it.  I opened this bottle last night.  The 2008 La Finca Malbec  one of those cheap wines you can find at Trader Joe’s.  I enjoy Malbecs, so I thought why not – I can’t keep up with drinking the $40 bottles all the time anyways. I used to drink cheap wines all the time so I thought  it wouldn’t be a problem to go right back to it.

Wrong-O! Now I know why there are price differences in wine.  I have been drinking a lot of reserves and a lot from our stash we brought home from Paso Robles.   I guess I have been spoiled.  This wine was alright, but not exciting at all.  It really did taste just like a cheap bottle of wine.  The clear observance of this is that Steve and I didn’t even finish the bottle – we came close – but didn’t feel like finishing it – and that just doesn’t happen folks!

1.5 – 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment